Friday, September 18, 2015

Favorite Resources

We all have them. Our go-tos, our must haves, our *always works* tool. I know I have mine! These tools have helped me get through non-readers, overachievers, and everything in between.
Here are my go-to's for everything ELA:
This is my go-to for guided reading. We have a designated 40 minutes a day to use on intervention and enrichment, and this makes planning those 40 mins SO much easier. I just use one of the books a week, and plan all of my activities around them. The kids love them because they are hand on, and let them use highlighters, and even better.... BINGO DABBERS! That is a win in any first graders book. 

THESE ARE SO FANTASTIC! I have never gone into this pack of interactive notebooks and not seen the skill that I was working on. NEVER. They are all there. This is my go-to for phonics and grammar skills. My kiddos love them, they are easy to check, and I can show them once and throw these in a station and be good to go! 



These two pair really nicely. I am able to practice those really low level reader skills and have a seamless assessment to pair with it. These binders include everything from letter identification to building fluency. 

Hello Station City! I LOVE these for my stations! They are engaging (HELLO! BLOCKS!), and very useful. The building/writing/tapping/tracing part is great, but where it really forces the kids to focus is when it asks them to use the word in a sentence. This is SUPER hard for these little kiddos and takes a lot of brain force, but I am slowly seeing progress being made and it's fantastic. I am trying to make sure that my kiddos have any and all opportunities to write, and this is another added to the list. 




These two are AWESOME for teaching kids the basics of writing. The Daily Oral Language Bundle comes with four months worth of DOLs, and includes all of the first grade writing conventions standards. Students get to fix a sentence (WINNER! Red Pens!!!) and then be the *Star Writer* to show the class how they fixed up their sentence. So good. The Question of the Day Bundle is great because it's daily writing. There are graphic organizers for each prompt and room to write. Whenever I feel like we need to get back to the basics or take a break from the writing process, we dig these out of our writing folders!

What are your go-to's? 




No comments:

Post a Comment